Shopventory as the Primary Database (recommended):
- Create Items and Variants in Shopventory or your provider (e.g. Square/PayPal Here/Clover). Only your catalog (not quantities and COGS) will be kept in sync by Shopventory.
- Update inventory quantities and COGS only in Shopventory. Shopventory is the primary database and will keep quantities and COGS (if applicable) in your provider up to date.
Point of Sale as the Primary Database:
- Shopventory will not update inventory in your Point of Sale. If you make changes in your PoS, Shopventory will not pull in those changes automatically.
- Any changes you make to your inventory quantities or COGS on the PoS side will have to be manually imported into Shopventory and any changes made to quantities or COGS in Shopventory will have to be manually exported to your Point Of Sale.
Setting the Primary Database
To change the primary database, follow these steps:
- Go to My Account (top right of the screen)
- Click Locations & Integrations
- Next to the integration you want to change, click the dropdown under Actions and select Change Primary Database
- On the next screen, select Yes to set Shopventory as Primary Database and click Save.