The holidays are a stressful time for retail. Nobody knows this better than retailers themselves December brings mixed emotions. On the one hand, you have stores full of Customers, merchandise flying off the shelves, and cash registers 'dinging' away. On the other hand, training seasonal employees, preventing shoplifters, and trying to get inventory accounted for in the chaos can be daunting...
Black Friday is — let's get real — crazy. You're probably going nuts already thinking about this upcoming week, so we don't want to pile more on your plate (except on Thursday, because mashed potatoes). After Black Friday comes Small Business Saturday. And then Cyber Monday. Even if you've procrastinated up until now, these five tips can help you survive (and thrive) next week without going even crazier.
1. Use your email list to send out a major Black Friday deal. Make it so irresistible that they'll skip the mall and come straight to you — better yet, make it something that'll entice them back all holiday season long.
2. Team up with your neighbors. Much like Kris Kringle in Miracle on 34th Street, sending customers next door when you don't carry what's on their list. It will endear you to those customers as well as your neighbors. And keeping people in the neighborhood is always a good thing for everybody, right?
3. Put together gift guides. Depending on your merchandise, you could put together specific gift ideas (like gifts for him or five gifts under $15 and whatnot) or do a creative guide with one gift for everybody on your list. Visuals and easy ideas like this are great for sharing on social media and with your email followers too.
4. Offer free shipping for people shopping in-store but sending gifts elsewhere. If your customers know that shopping with you can be almost as easy as shopping online, they'll be more likely to stop in.
5. Host a cute holiday photo booth or another interactive element in your shop. Making it something shareable (think — Instagrammable) will drive great traffic long after Black Friday.
Are you doing any Black Friday promos? Tell us about them in the comments!
image via Artifact Uprising